You will find me exploring on my bike or turning pages in a reading nook.
This is a full page just about me.
Who I Am
My name is Vahid Hallaji. I am a software engineer based in Melbourne, Australia who develops web and mobile stacks. I have studied Software Engineering and Master of Information Technology at Azad University and Monash University respectively. Back in 2007, I co-founded Narmand and got a valuable experience through developing large-scale web applications for Tabriz University of Medical Sciences. Besides, I worked in a team to deliver dozens of websites and helped a few private businesses. I also attended meetups, mentored voluntarily at startup weekends, and shared my personal experience with local communities.
What I Do
I make software. If you have a project or an idea that requires co-thinking or some creative injections, then that is where you could count on me. I strive to create elegant looking apps and websites while making them simple for the end-users. There is something very satisfying about creating things. I focus on what excites me and do so with some style and passion. I am always active behind the scene of software products and enjoy programming. Currently, I am working on a brand new backend infrastructure of the employee engagement and performance management solutions at CultureAmp to amplify the experience and the impact of 100 million people at work ;⏎
I'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to get in touch, feel free to contact me via email or elsewhere on the web. It comes quite safe and also will be replied. Let's have a chat!
- Currently, help the core services team to extract features from a monolith product of the employee engagement and performance management solutions and build manageable microservices to amplify the experience and the impact of 100 million people at work.
- Worked on an analytics engine and monitoring tools at Bueno to shape the next generation of cloud-based analytics using
- Contributed in developing a front-end asset and component library with
Styled Componentsto enable fast iteration and immediate integration into any product.
- Worked in a team to deliver a large-scale issue management system and an insights monitoring tool using
Typescriptand internal component library with automated deployments.
- Applied test-driven development, unit testing, integrated and end to end testing utilising
- Applied a change data capture approach to offload a sizable amount of time-series data from a partitioned
PostgreSQLdatabase into the GCP
Debezium, Google Cloud
- Developed a database migration management tool in
Pythonthrough versioned or repeatable data definition statements for Google
- Made a fair amount of
BigQueryover tens of Terabytes data.
- Developed a module in
Kotlinto forecast missing data of utility consumptions.
- Completed a master's in Information Technology at Monash University Caulfield campus.
- The winner of the post-graduate industry experience in the final semester.
- Developed a
React Nativeapp utilising
Google Mapsthat promotes the health of children through physical activities.
- Created a small library app for
- Made a simple banking application in
- Developing a cross-platform app as a side project for language learners including web, mobile and CLI notably applying
- Made Lambda functions using
Request.jsto crawl and migrate funds, valuations and transactions for global savings and investment provider.
- Developed a front-end application using
Axios.js, integrated the
OAuth2standard into the app, made Amazon
Lambdafunctions as a back-end platform utilising
Knex.jsand auto migrations and finally implemented a RESTful API using
Express.jsto mock Amazon API gateway.
- Delivered the Schlumberger (SLB) retirees and former employees portal to facilitate beneficiary elections using
- Full-stack web development for a financial planner using heavily customised SaaS based on
- Helped the team to develop and normalise a
MySQLdatabase of asset & work order management system and improved the data integrity.
- Studied English bridging course for the postgraduate degree at Monash College.
Azad University of Tabriz
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering at Tabriz campus with high distinction.
- Worked in a team and launched a transaction-based shopping service which makes discounts for loyal customers based on an
MVCarchitectural pattern using
- Developed and supported a web-based application that provides the company with an instalments management system for housing investment and construction using a hands-on
- Co-founded Narmand company with Arash Milani.
- Was nominated as the best web designer for the most attractive and creative personal website at Iranian web festival.
- Developed a web application for Continuing Medical Education Centre at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences through applying software development practices such as
OOP, using a hands-on
- Contributed to the development of an integrated library system in
C#.NET, where 54,000 books registered from seven faculties of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences.
- Delivered an issue tracking system for an Internet Service Provider (ISP) to help their agents and marketers ask for service.
- Created an online booking web application, which enables the users to reserve flights, trains and hotels.
- Created a brand new website for Neo Branding company using
Wordpress, fulfilled their requirements, advised them on technical matters and put forward an effective solution.
- Co-operated in a team to deliver dozens of websites to meet the customers' expectations.
- Collaborated in organising the first Professional
Scrum Mastercourse in Iran.
- Obtained Professional Scrum Master certificate
PSMfrom Scrum Organisation.
Tabriz University of Medical Sciences
- Designed and developed an app for research activities, Ravand, for the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Research at Tabriz University of Medical Sciences using a hands-on
MySQLdatabase and pure
- Was responsible for the fresh web design of the medical faculty’s website.
- Implemented a simple network-based issue tracking system which enables faculty staff to report software problems or upgrade requests from their computers.
- The very first version of my website was born.
- Created an online store which offered customers a seamless, user-friendly shopping experience.
- Designed and developed a few websites, most notably the Rahtess company and the Iranian Plastic company.
Azad University of Shabester
- Enrolled in Shabestar campus to study Bachelor of Software Engineering.
- Due to the excessive pressure at work, I found it difficult to finish my studies and used an alternative exit as an associate’s degree.
My passion for making software started when I happened to visit the source code of a blog back in the early 2000s. I just probed the source to satisfy my curiosity, and it continued throughout my life.